Monday, May 22, 2017

Steady Improvement

After the wild ride of last week I'm surprised you're back, readers. The bare bones of this house were spooky and it was certainly concerning. Since then, however, the tides have changed to include some amazing generosity from affiliated parties (namely my coworker and bff John Wilson, and all my new boyfriends who have generously donated or discounted sheetrock, labor, insulation, appliances, etc: got a lot of IOU dates at this point).

So! Super update! We have doors:

They are sexier than I planned, I'm happy.

We have also filled in some holes:



And, since you've stayed put, I'll tell you we had a fantastic and very exciting insulation party where we insulated all the exterior walls and some interior ones, too! Very exciting! So we were able to...


Ta daa! Sheetrock! It got better, they primed it, too, so the walls are kind of a grayish color. But the best we saved for last. We. Painted. The. Exterior.

As you'll recall, this was my ugly house:


(not pictured: a large pile of garbage to remove landscaping that stuck to the house)



And after a couple coats of Sherwin Williams Alabaster....

...
...
...
...
...







BASICALLY DONE.

Here's the large pile of garbage:





And now for the blooper reel:


Amazingly easy to remove, a pity I had to do it myself after primer.


Why is there an extra 2 inches? Some things we cannot know.


This is where the closet door goes. So.

Don't get too judgy on my guys, though: bloopers are all part of the job. Absurdity is the essence of renovation.

1 comment: